Tuesday 23 August 2011

Jordan V Retro

For me this is one of the most awesome things to come out of Nike. Behold, the Jordan V:


It has everything I like in just the right amounts without being overstated or glaringly overt: First and foremost it is a hitop... it has simple classic lines - hints of tech materials like the plastic lace guides, and the perforated silvery gray material on the sides and tongue. Back when these were current they were something special, and you could tell just by looking. These are remakes, and you can tell because the originals didn't have the embroidered 23 on the heel. 


The jumpman encased in the ice clear sole was a feature I loved and bought the Air Flight VF because of it's ice sole encasing the Nike Air logo... At the time I could not afford the a pair of Jordan V's myself. It seems such a shame to wear these and dirty them up.
 

The embroidery of the jumpman on the top of the tongue stands out well against the reflective material, and confirms to anyone who's looking - yes, this is a Jordan...

For now, these stay out on display in my living room. I really want to wear them and be seen in them, after all that's what sneakers like this are for, but I can't bring myself to do it yet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment