Wednesday 8 December 2010

If I could revive one pair... what would it be?

Over at Nice Kicks they ran a Top-20 90's era Basketball sneakers they'd like to see come back. That got me thinking... if I could bring back a pair from history, what would they be?

Immediately I think of Fila's hi-tops from the Grant-Hill era. The Grant Hill II is a good example, but for me the best example of the period was the Fila Muscleball. A friend of mine had a pair of white leather Fila Hi-tops with vertical flame shapes embossed in the side (as opposed to the Fila Flame low sneaker which had horizontal stich on flame shaped panels). I never saw them again and would love to know what they were.

If we open up the remit beyond Basketball sneakers, then I'd add the Nike Air TW (of which I own a deadstock pair) and the original Nike Pegasus running shoe.

Hit back with some comments - what would YOU like to see make a comeback?

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment