Friday 31 December 2010

Air Max Plus III TN

Back in 2008,  this variation on the Air Max Plus TN theme caught my eye...

Air Max Plus III TN in Reading Footlocker

Of course Footlocker didn't have my size in stock, and I never saw this particular variant again for sale.

I have a long memory (especially for trainers) and I spotted a pair for sale on eBay - in my size. A different colourway (white white black), from that shown above, but I think it is just as nice. 


Nestling in their box waiting for their new owner...


The leather has a perlescent finish, so it's not plain white when viewed up close. The plastic trim and laces glow white under UV lights so these look great in a club.


Yes, they look like TNs from a cursory glance but the details are very different and I wonder wy this design was not more popular... I almost prefer it to the traditional TN style...


Details include TN Air badge embedded in the sole.


Rear view shows plastic heel protector which glows under UV. One of my favourite aspects of the design is the back of the sneaker...


"Tuned Air" textile badge is part of the front midsole - a nice touch.


 Here's what they look like on... hard to resist, eh?

1 comment: